Signed at Seoul October 17, 2006
Entered into force December 31, 2006
BETWEEN THE GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF KOREA AND
THE GOVERNMENT OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION ON MUTUAL VISA WAIVER
FOR HOLDERS OF OFFICIAL / SERVICE PASSPORTS
The Government of the Republic of Korea and the Government of the Russian Federation, hereinafter referred to as the Parties,
Guided by the Desire to further develop friendly relations between the two countries and to facilitate mutual trips by nationals of the Republic of Korea, holding valid official passports, and nationals of the Russian Federation, holding valid service passports,
Have agreed as follows:
1. Nationals of the State of one Party holding valid official / service passports shall enter, transit through, exit from, and stay in the territory of the State of the other Party without visas for a period not exceeding ninety (90) days for purposes other than private business or labor activities.
2. At the request of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or diplomatic mission of the State of the sending Party the period specified in this Article may be extended by the competent authorities of the State of the receiving Party for the subsequent ninety (90) days.
1. Nationals of the State of one Party who are appointed to a diplomatic mission, consular office or a mission of their States to an international organization, excluding non-governmental organizations, located in the territory of the State of the other Party, as well as their family members forming part of their household (who shall be limited to spouse, underage children, and unmarried dependent children who are eighteen (18) years of age or above) holding valid official / service passports shall enter, exit from and stay in the territory of the State of the other Party without visas for the entire period of their accreditation.
2. A diplomatic mission of the sending State shall inform in due time the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the host State of the arrival of persons mentioned in paragraph 1 of this Article at their place of work in the territory of such a State and of their final departure.
Nationals of the State of one Party mentioned in Article 1 of this Agreement shall enter and exit from the territory of the State of the other Party through border checkpoints open for international traffic.
Nationals of the State of one Party holding valid official / service passports shall respect laws and regulations of the host State through the duration of their stay in the territory of the State of the other Party.
No provision of this Agreement shall restrict the right of competent authorities of the State of either Party to refuse entry to or stay in the territory of its State to any national of the State of the other Party according to the legislation of the State of each Party.
1. For reasons of public order, national security or public health each Party may suspend the application of this Agreement in whole or in part. Such a decision shall be communicated through diplomatic channels to the other Party no later than 48 hours before its entry into force.
2. The Party, which has decided to suspend this Agreement for reasons specified in paragraph 1 of this Article, shall promptly notify the other Party through diplomatic channels of the lifting of the suspension.
1. The Parties shall exchange through diplomatic channels specimens of their valid official / service passports no later than thirty (30) days after the date of signing this Agreement.
2. Should any Party make changes to valid official / service passports or introduce new forms of official / service passports after the entry into force of this Agreement, the specimens of modified or new passports shall be sent to the other Party no later than thirty (30) days prior to the official adoption of the passports.
The provisions of this Agreement may be amended or supplemented by mutual consent of the Parties. Agreed amendments or supplements shall be made in the form of protocols to this Agreement.
1. This Agreement shall enter into force thirty (30) days after the date of receipt through diplomatic channels of the latter written notification on the fulfillment by the Parties of their internal procedures necessary for its entry into force.
2. This Agreement shall be in force for an indefinite period. Each Party may terminate this Agreement by sending through diplomatic channels a written notification to the other Party. This Agreement shall terminate ninety (90) days after the date of receipt of this notification by the other Party.
DONE at Seoul, on 17th day of October 2006, in two copies, each in Korean, Russian and English languages, all texts being equally authentic. In case of any divergence in the interpretation of this Agreement, the English text shall be used to resolve the divergence.
FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF
THE REPUBLIC OF KOREA THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION